10 Social Media Posting Ideas
Don't know what to post to Facebook and Twitter? Here is a list of 10 different types of posts to get you started that will work with almost every small business social media strategy. Sample posts have been included.
- Customer announcements (sales, offers, etc.). Example: We're. Schedule your oil change for today and get $10 off our regular price of $29.95. This offer is only good today - April 18.
- Shout out to good customers. Example: Scott Johnson's dog, Charlie, just earned Champion status. Congratulations, Scott!
- Company news. Example: We just were honored by the Baltimore Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Baltimore, MD. Click for more info.
- Personal messages from staff that project your personality and have the potential to engage residents. Example: Can you believe that Larry from Client Services is a huge Red Sox fan? Doesn't he realize he lives in New York City now? Go NYY!
- Charitable giving/events announcements. Example: Ardmore Toyota donates $7500 to victims in Japan.
- Reminders and announcements. Example: It's almost pool season. Don't forget to schedule pool opening service.
- Payments are due! Example: Just a friendly reminder that you will be charged February 1 for your gym membership.
- Interesting links. Make sure you've read the entire article or viewed the entire video you are linking to.
- A specific special. Even better, why not try a social media specific bonus. It's best to limit highly commercial messages to about once a month. Example: Our customer referral bonus is normally $100, but it's $200 for our Facebook fans now through September, 2011.
- “Elf yourself” and similar.